Thursday, June 16, 2011

Terms and Conditions Apply

This is a very familiar phrase that anyone who have used a product or promotions in Nigeria would be
A friend told me that in this country. Very recently I got a message on my phone, apparently a CDMA operator in Nigeria came up with a promotion that looks great. I called the company representative to get further details any every thing looks intact. So I was encouraged to switch my current plan to enjoy the plan. I did! Only to discover that I was crazily billed and could not  enjoy the data services on the previous plan.  Each time I place a call to the customer care, they either reply " There is nothing I can do sir" or some simply but professionally end the the call. This is very annoying.

It was then it occurred to me that some people(Senators, Policy makers and Regulators) do not get treated this way as our money do not really mater in this equation. If this continue we may adopt this as normal practice. My friend usually tell that it's only those that have money are role models. Whether he is a good or bad guy it does not matter and a cursory look at this is true. Because those in the regulatory body do not know why they are there in first place this is why they abuse the position. Well will I blame them no The leaders come form the populace where the average person have similar mindset this why decision are not taking with due process or on merit but rather favoritism  an leaders will always prefer to keep everyone in the dark. I still do not understand what the minister of information and technology do at Abuja other that press conferences where he is sitting one the gateway of Nigerian economy. 

My advocacy is that until we increase the education and quotient level of the average Nigerian before  we start to see dramatic changes in business and governance. This is why I Nigerians out there should strongly consider coming back home to make difference in their little way. And with that we will create the kind of Nigeria we are all proud of.

No comments:

Post a Comment